Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Best method to replace halyards?

"Leanne" wrote in message
"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
I have halyards needing replaced, two of them go inside the mast. How do
you attach the new line to the old and thread them? Is there a best
direction to pull? Any other advice?

Thanks,

Stephen

I have taken a needle and thread from the sail repair kit and loosely sew
the ends of the old and new halyards together, end to end, and pull out
the old and thread in the new. Another way is to attach a light line to
the halyard as a messenger and pull it through as the old comes out.
reverse the process for the new halyard.

Leanne

I've used the second method described quite successfully.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com