Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Water injection nipple on black iron pipe

Ric,
You have not told us enough. First I suspect that this iron pipe is not. It
most likely is a special casting. The casting probably is porous and hence
the leak. This is not uncommon. You will have to source the casting and buy
a new one or you will have to fabricate a replacement. Fabrication will be
more expensive. Find out who marinized the engine, locate them on the web
and call. If you are not successful, fabrication is your only solution.
Steve

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a pinhole in the piece of black iron pipe where the water in
injected in my boats exhaust system.

I am trying to find a source for a similar piece of pipe. It is about
1.25 in diameter with a 5/8ths nipple installed at a 45 degree angle.
Appears to be galvanized or black iron.

Any ideas?

Ric