posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes Jack Erbes is offline

Default Importing raster maps into Maptech....

Cole Maze wrote:
snip
Ever tried to make a personal copy of the Navionics Gold charts?
I did, to find that the Navionics software had destroyed the original chart
automatically and without warning. Although there is a warning on the
package saying that copying is not allowed, I did not expect it to mean that
it is was also if you make a copy for your self as a back-up. After all,
these charts cost a fortune ($300) and it seems prudent to make a copy in
case you loose the original.

What kind of media was that on? And what hardware were you using to try
to copy them? Those are available on SD, MMC, NavChart, or Compact
Flash. The NavChart is the Navionics proprietary memory cartridge.

If there was write protect tab on the memory card, I'd think that may
have prevented that from happening.

Can you normally write anything to the card that was erased? Like
waypoints and routes?

Did you ask Navionics if that was a normal behavior?

Jack