posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] H2Onavigation@gmail.com is offline

Default Importing raster maps into Maptech....

With GPS fresh in mind, I am in the market for a new GPS that will
best fit my desire to obtain accurate readings, be user friendly, and
have a relatively long battery life. My main objective for a new
device is to be able to take my readings while out and then post them
to online maps to be able to share my trips with friends. If anyone
is in a giving advice mood I would like to know some of your opinions
and suggestions on GPS and compatible software that would make this
possible without a big headache. Also, where could I post my maps
online once I get up and running? I guess that would be a factor in
which device and software to use.

Thanks!