Curtis CCR

Default Trailer 'tongue jacks'

"Don White" wrote in message ...
"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
news:9koCc.135183$3x.34401@attbi_s54...
What are you jacking that has a tongue weight of over 800 lbs?
I doubt you will find it locally.
I found the XP10S at www.easternmarine.com for $51.77.

--

My tongue weight is only 120-125 pounds but I want an oversized jack to
allow pushing the boat/trailer around on uneven surfaces without fear of

My tongue (the one on my trailer - before some smart ass gets cute g
) is about the same, maybe a little less. But as you mentioned
elswhere - depends on where you put it. Mine is not actually on the
tongue so it's holding about 200#. I can't recall what model it is,
but it's "rated" 800# max. I push it around without much trouble.
However, when I am pushing it, I lower the jack quite a bit. I figure
it's less likely to have a problem when it isn't fully extended.