posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes Jack Erbes is offline

Default Importing raster maps into Maptech....

Atlas wrote:
snip
Wow........ I had a look at the user interface and...... yes! It is the same
product!!! Betwwen the two, what is the most complete product??

I've not seen the MapTech version so I can't really compare them.
Reading about it, I noticed that CNP comes with the satellite imagery
and some other things that are not in the CE package.

I loaded CE trial just out of curiosity, I've not purchased it or
navigated with it. The GPS input times out after 15 minutes but
otherwise it can be used indefinitely for route planning and route and
waypoint reviews. I use it to work on the routes I keep on my Garmin
76Cx handheld. It is much more pleasant to use than is the Garmin
MapSource program.

Coastal Explorer is not perfect, in using it I found some minor
annoyances and some features that were maybe not fully developed yet.
But it does have a wonderful user's interface and is quite easy to use.

Too bad about your being in the Med, if you move to America you can get
free charting. :)

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)