posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Importing raster maps into Maptech....

"Atlas" wrote in
:

Any chance?

It looks like no utility out there can write BSB/KAP files. Many can
read.

Annoying.

I have some wonderful paper marine charts and could make a perfect
raster scan (TIFF) out of them. Then would need a calibrating utility
(a là OziExplorer) that can output to BSB format, once datum, mag.
dev, etc is entered.

I searched for this a few years ago and didn't find anything public domain.
I agree that it's sad, but not muc demand for it. The only reason that I
wanted it was that my NorthStar 961 only read BSB charts and I wanted to
encode some charts and include them on the 961.

-- Geoff