posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Single handed docking

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:22:51 -0700, Bart
wrote:

What is the best way to dock singled handed?
[1 pt]

I learned to dock the proper way. Motivated by a completely
unreliable motor for the first six months I owned my last boat, I
docked, often by myself, under sail. Got very good at it, despite
punching a hole in the dock box and rapidly altering the design of the
bow pulpit during the learning process.

Frank

It's the way to learn. We teach docking under sail alone in all of our
classes. For the larger boats, we leave the engine on in neutral so the
instructor has an "out" if the student looks like s/he is going to make a
major mistake.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com