posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default moment of zen

When you say fishermen, are you referring to the pros or
those rude drunken A-holes who drag line behind their power
boats. We have a lot of the latter on the Chessy.

Scotty...trolling is not trawling

"Scout" wrote:
That's true, so I'm referring to the drunken A-holes. I know just two pro
fishermen. One was the guy in my video (with the NZ hat) who was the
engineer on a fishing boat, and the other is a former president of the PA
Bass Assoc. I can't see either one arguing that the best place to fish is
drifting back and forth across a busy, 50 yard wide channel.

Well, I've seen trawlers (the working kind) dragging nets back & forth
across the ICW channel; that makes it kind of difficult. But they're
usually too busy to give you a dirty look and they don't care how
close you pass, as long as you don't actually hit them or mess up the
trawling gear.

Anyway, our experience in NJ is that almost everyone in a boat is rude
& in a big hurry.... not just the fishermen.... kind of like the way
they drive their cars. The exceptions are all the more notable.

It's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up, although it looks like
you all enjoy slightly shallower water than we can. There are some
lovely spots in the NJ sounds & rivers, we wanted to spend more time
there but had to hurry along. I hope it's not "the trip of a lifetime"
since we want to continue some long term cruising... in fact we
consider this to be sort of a scouting trip for places to come back &
spend more time... but it has been a really awesome trip..

BTW we did visit with Marty and his place is awesome.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King