posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout Scout is offline

Default moment of zen

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

I figured fishermen everywhere were rude and inconsiderate

but after reading
your blog I wonder if it's a Jersey thing. No matter how

narrow the channel,
the fishermen here love to block it and fish. They spread

themselves out
making it a challenge to sail through, then give dirty

looks when it's a
close pass.

When you say fishermen, are you referring to the pros or
those rude drunken A-holes who drag line behind their power
boats. We have a lot of the latter on the Chessy.

Scotty...trolling is not trawling

That's true, so I'm referring to the drunken A-holes. I know just two pro
fishermen. One was the guy in my video (with the NZ hat) who was the
engineer on a fishing boat, and the other is a former president of the PA
Bass Assoc. I can't see either one arguing that the best place to fish is
drifting back and forth across a busy, 50 yard wide channel.
Scout