posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Today's Sailing

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 7/21/2007 11:52 PM:

Jeff continues to hang his defense on the fact that he takes trips on
his boat while we only go out to enjoy the actual sailing.

Defense? What am I defending against? I use my boat. You go out
for an hour or so, bounce off a log or rock, and then spend the next
week on the hard! I do more sailing in a week than you do in the
whole summer!

He's
exactly right. A PDQ 36 is fast and secure and duller than a wooden
spoon to sail.

Sorry booby, a boat doesn't have to heel to be fun. I think doing 12
knots is a lot of fun. I think a 6 hour spinnaker run, ending with
anchoring at a remote island is a lot of fun. I think spending the
whole summer, or even a whole year on board is fun.

If you think spending your whole sailing life within sight of your
slip is fun, that's your prerogative. If you're having fun, then good
for you. The rest of the sailing world races and cruises. Some of us
even do both. Bragging about how fast your boat is when you don't
race is the mark of a loser! Bragging about how comfortable your
boat is when you don't cruise is the mark of a loser!

Poor booby. His jealously weeps from every post he makes.