posted to alt.sailing.asa
Matt Majka Matt Majka is offline

Default ASA vs US Sailing schools

Hi All,

I recognize that this is an ASA newsgroup, but wanted to get people
opinions of the differences/advantages, if any, of one training program
versus the other. I've poked around on the web to try to find the
differences and have read a little bit about the history of the two
training programs. I have no sailing experience and don't really have
any interest in racing. ASA starts out with a Basic Keelboat course
and US Sailing starts out with Small Boat Sailing, but I'm primarily
interested in cruising for pleasure in a 24+ foot boat. Any
insight/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt