JohnM JohnM is offline

Default solo sailor's email

wrote in message
As this is a cruising group and contains little info on actual
cruising, to give those contemplating sailing off shore I am posting
this email from a friend of mine who, like me, is also a solo sailor.

Jack, a US citizen who originally hailed from California, is a retired
deep sea diver who lives aboard his 40 foot ketch which has
registration in Hobart, Australia and which flies the Australian flag
- that's where his US registration expired during a circumnavigation
with his family.

How'd he get Australian registration for the boat without being an
Australian citizen? and when he did, did he have to pay import duty ?
Hobart's a great part of Australia. Captain James Cook said it was one of
the best cruising areas in the world.

Cheers