posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Funniest Post this Week!

For modern boats I have to go Mono.
I prefer the more classic style with lots of wood and a gaff rig on a
schooner but they are not for everyone and take a lot more
maintanence. Just my opinion in this matter.

I agree...gorgeous boats. For me, part of the sailing equation is also
the lines. A PDQ 36 really has no lines at all.
As for my 35s5, the worst thing anyone ever said actually seeing her
was "odd looking boat on the hook, nice looking under sail."
I tend to agree. Most people love the looks and go nuts over the
interior and cockpit.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/index.html

Still, my favorite boat along these lines in the quicker C&C 34XL.
Like most people who fall in love with the shape of boats, a boat like
the PDQ 36 would be a final stop before a trawler. Down the road a
boat like this will be mine:

http://www.alerionexpress.net/sitebu...33-Aerial2.jpg

RB
35s5