posted to rec.boats.building
Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Fuel economy

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:12:45 +1000, wrote:

Result - instant stoppage on that engine.

It was decided to slowly motor with one engine back to our home base
where repairs could more easily be done. We originally had more than
sufficient fuel to get back home uinder two engines and then some. We
ran out of fuel about two thirds of the way and had to be towed into
port. As I said, don't understand why.

For one thing, the off center thrust will push the hull through the
water sideways, even with rudder keeping the thing headed in a
straight line. Also on plane is more effecient than going too fast at
displacement speeds.

Casady