posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Marine Diesel Prices are Outrageous

"Verizon News" wrote in message
The cost of marine diesel for your boat is outrageous these days. I am
all for businesses making an honest buck and I am all for

http://www.billharder.com/boating/39...are-outrageous

Anybody who buys a trawler deserves to pay out the ass for his fuel.
Those trawlers are ugly, smelly, noisy and make about as much sense on
the water as driving a semi tractor on the road for your road trip
vacations.

I have no sympathy for anybody who runs a diesel engine for recreational
purposes. Don't you realize how much pollution a marine diesel engine
produces? It's totally selfish and irresponsible. Anybody running a
marine diesel for recreational purposes is sick in my opinion. No regard
whatsoever for clean air and a clean marine environment. When somebody's
'fun' takes precedence over my rights (to a clean environment) then I
cannot excuse such hedonism.

I wish they'd jack the price of recreational marine diesel up to about
fifty bucks a gallon. Maybe people would be forced to buy
environmentally friendly sailboats that use small, clean-air, 4-stroke,
gasoline outboards when needed but use sails most of the time. When
your 'cruising' is a blatant act of pollution and you don't even realize
it then you're just clueless and nobody I want to associate with....

Wilbur Hubbard