Bob Bob is offline

Default "Flying Pig" charging hard! .GIF at 11...

On Jul 19, 8:55 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:04:23 +0000, Larry wrote:
Poor Skip. He just comes in from sea and I kept him sitting in that hot
engine room for most of the day fixing electrical charging problems on
the Flying Pig.

Definition of cruising: Fixing things in interesting places. I spent
the afternoon getting bad fuel out of my dinghy outboard.

What a perfect spot to start the old conversation: techno gizmos v.
camping in a cave.

I am clearly on the side of simplicity and stonage systems, less is
better, KISS group. And yes the few elctronics I have are stand alone
not all boxed together to one display. Went as far as yanking out my
power water system and water heater. But then I don't plan on many
trips above N-48. Burrrr...... I just can not understand why people
load their boats with enough systems and do dads that would make a
condo broker smile only to spend their sailing time fixing things. As
my daughter use to say, get a life dad!

Oh, I was just talking to my friend Grant yesterday. Hes building a
house. We started talking about the increase of the average size of an
American home over the last 30 years. Then we jumped to kitchens. We
both scratched our heads why would a family of 2 want a "commercial"
kitchen in their 3400 sq ft home. Wut up wit dat? We decided finally
it was the same reason why rock stars dated super models........... cause
they can.

In all sincerity, best wishes to S&L. Hope ya get some fun out of that
boat soon.

Bob

PS if you want one explanation why people spend their retirement
toiling away in some super heated engine compartment I recommend
reading: Fantasy Theme Analysis by Earnest Borman. His original
article dates back to the early 70s.