posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Slips are for women and other pussies.

And what does Dave's club have? Moorings and a restaurant you MUST eat
at as part the membership.

Wrong again. As usual. Stop in and see us some time.

Why? Do I need a no frills club like yours? Let me post a review:

NYCB is far from the fancy type of club some might imagine. There are
no slips, nor even a dinghy dock! You are required to drag your dinghy
up to the parking lot, remove the motor if you have one, and put it on
a rack when not in use. The clubhouse is neat and clean, but basically
just a large room where you can set up folding tables and chairs. This
is strictly a "no-frills" club. Some may want to look at the junior
sailing programs.
After sailing into the mooring field last season, the launch operator
was making her last run of the day at about 5 pm. Are you supposed to
SWIM to shore after that? Not sure how that works... I'd rather have a
dinghy dock, which would allow me to come and go at any hour, and
leave my dinghy in a "ready" condition rather than having to remove/
reinstall the motor and so forth every time I use it.
Sloppy radio conduct led to us having to phone in for our visit and we
were directed to the wrong mooring, but this is sadly common for many
clubs. Our experience was quite a lot like a visit to Douglaston Yacht
club, though they are a true club with all of the frills.

RB
35s5
NY