posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.metalworking
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default Perforated Stainless Steel Strap

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
I have some exhaust hose/components on my boat which were secured using
soft steel strapping. Obviously that hasn't held up too well. I'm looking
for 1/2" or 3/4" perforated stainless steel strapping. My on-line searches
haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a source?

Two products come quickly to mind.
1) SS Band-it strap. Make your own holes. (good excuse to buy a Whitney punch)
You will probably have to buy a whole roll, but it will last you a lifetime!
Available at commercial hardwares and (naturally) on the Internet. If you go
ahead and buy the tool and some buckles, you will find many uses around a boat.
Band-it tools & supplies are (or were) common in Navy damage control kits.

2) SS tie wraps made for the communications industry.
http://www.sscableties.com/

Vaughn

-- Geoff