Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Dog off dink??

Justin C wrote:

This talk of dogs on boats, I get visions of a sea-sick labrador, and a
worried owner wondering how they're going to re-hydrate a dog that
doesn't want a drink, doesn't want anything... except dry land!

Justin.

That's really silly. As were most of the answers to this perfectly
reasonable question.

There are some dogs that get motion sick, just like there are people
that get motion sick. Those dogs will probably also get carsick -
have not had the experience so cannot say. Some cats get motion sick
too and/or don't like the boat engine.

Labs are among the dogs that I would not expect to get seasick based
on how much they love the water. I've seen all kinds of dogs on all
kinds of boats. Jack Russell terriers, shepherds, beagles, mutts,
Golden Retrievers, and poodles. I also know people who cruise with
birds or with cats.

The biggest problem with the big dogs though is how to get them
ashore.