posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Otnmbrd's ship!

It's simpler than that... dog do.

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
25.201...

ROFL You know about as much about ships/tankers/pilots as my dog
does......

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

Dangerous as all get out!

I recall a couple years ago an LP tanker exploded and burned somewhere
out of New York on the eastern seaboard. All hands lost. The ship sunk
in deep water. If captain and crew aren't any more careful with
propane than they are with the containers I sure wouldn't want to be
anywhere near it.

But, don't pay no mind to otnmbrd. He's all washed up. He used to
captain the big ships but now they've relegated him to pilot duty
where he can't get into any trouble. Seems his eyes ain't what they
used to be. Anybody can drive a ship in a marked channel with tugboats
assisting to steer them. The nerve of those panty-waist pilots. They
got it set up so they have a job even when they have glasses as thick
as Mr. Magoo.

Here you have a case where a captain, who is familiar with his ship,
pilots the damned thing across oceans in all kinds of weather and all
kinds of seas and traffic conditions and along comes some member of
the over-the-hill gang taking over running the ship the captain can
run at least four or five times better. For crying out loud!

Wilbur Hubbard

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com