posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Otnmbrd's ship!

"Capt. Lewry" wrote in message
et...

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
25.201...

A. I'm not Italian
B. I prefer tankers

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
news:469aeec8$0
:

Somebody slap otnmbrd. Teach the guy how to stack shipping
containers.

http://kapsi.fi/~anpurola/temp/1184318230469.jpg

Wilbur Hubbard

Tankers? Do you have a death wish? Or are those things safe?

Dangerous as all get out!

I recall a couple years ago an LP tanker exploded and burned somewhere
out of New York on the eastern seaboard. All hands lost. The ship sunk
in deep water. If captain and crew aren't any more careful with propane
than they are with the containers I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere
near it.

But, don't pay no mind to otnmbrd. He's all washed up. He used to
captain the big ships but now they've relegated him to pilot duty where
he can't get into any trouble. Seems his eyes ain't what they used to
be. Anybody can drive a ship in a marked channel with tugboats assisting
to steer them. The nerve of those panty-waist pilots. They got it set up
so they have a job even when they have glasses as thick as Mr. Magoo.

Here you have a case where a captain, who is familiar with his ship,
pilots the damned thing across oceans in all kinds of weather and all
kinds of seas and traffic conditions and along comes some member of the
over-the-hill gang taking over running the ship the captain can run at
least four or five times better. For crying out loud!

Wilbur Hubbard