Jack Goff Jack Goff is offline

Default Did you go out today?

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:07:20 -0400, "JimH" ask wrote:

We stayed off the Lake today because of a 50% threat of
thunderstorms.........they all stayed well north of us. However, winds
started to pick up to 30 kts from the s/sw. The Lake was glass for several
hundred yards off shore, but capping (3-5) past that.

We decided it was a good day to keep the boat in dock. At least I got a
chance to install some door hardware that has been put on hold since
receiving it. ;-)

Did you get out on the water today?

Oh yes.

We went with a group of people, 5 boats in all, down to Charleston, SC
this weekend. We put in Friday the 13th at Monks Corner in the Cooper
River, and went downstream to Charleston.

We took our time going down, it was almost 50 miles total. We went
upstream to the Lake Moultrie Dam first, where we went up the locks
into the lake. We rode the locks back down, and took off to Chas.

The rest of the trip was uneventful, but very scenic. There's a
Monastery on the way, and the view fron the river is brief, but
beautiful.

We spent the weekend in Chas, out on the marina at Patriots Point.
Saturday was very rainy, but my wife and I made it in to downtown to
Hank's for a great dinner Saturday night.

Sunday morning we all gassed up and took off up the river about 8 am.
We were back at the landing by 11 or so, and home mid-afternoon. We
put our boat back into its slip and we are back home, grilling steaks
and corn.

Hope everyone had a great weeknend as well!

Jack