posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout Scout is offline

Default Scout sailing vid

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
No... I was talking about the jib sheets... specifically the sheet not
under load. I think lazy jacks were a boon to sailors who sail
short-handed. I prefer the Dutchman system, but either serve a useful
purpose. It's not unusual for Lazy Jacks to foul or snag battens when the
sail is raised. Coming down, they usually work fine.

Jon and Scotty,
My jib sheets run through a block on an adjustable runner. Under what
conditions would I adjust the block forward and when would I set it at the
furthest aft setpoint?

Also, I saw what you mean about the lazy jacks snagging the battens with the
very first raise of the mainsail.
Scout