posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout Scout is offline

Default Scout sailing vid

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:33:03 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening sail. We dropped
the
anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night under the
stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

Nice music! (Okay, enjoyed the video too (-
About time, eh?
What are finding out about boat during your shakedown cruises?

Thanks Vic
I wrote some of my findings (questions) in my response to JG. I'll keep you
posted, but in short, I'll tell you that I am starting to love this boat. It
handles well and its shortcomings are mostly my shortcomings; as I learn
more, I'll appreciate the thought that went into the design of this boat.
There are a few things I don't and won't like. The two lines running from
the cockpit to the electric winch for the keel are not the greatest idea;
the lines are extremely hard to pull and sometimes stick (winch keeps
pulling after the line is dropped). This is a real potential problem as the
winch is capable of pulling the centerboard through the lead weight
(shearing). I'm working on an idea to change this setup. Gotta run, I'll
post more later.
Scout