joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default Mackinaw.rar

On Sun, 27 May 2007 14:51:36 -0400, Canal Lee
wrote:

Wow! IT WORKED!! I think that's the first RAR thing I've ever opened.
(Using StuffIt Expander on a Mac...)

-Vlad

Hey......you're running with the big dogs now Vlad !!!

Single RAR files are not much harder to open than regular zip files . providing you have the software .

What messes me up are the split RARs that you have to open and then join . Something always seems to happen
and one file doesn't` work right and you can`t join the group . I know there are PAR files that work to patch split RAR files
and I have had some success with using PARs , but , that's way to much work for just wanting to screw around on the computer , after dinner ...If you can catch my drift !!!

Note - It takes yet another program to join split RAR files , I might point out . way to o complicated .

Not really. If you have a file split with rar then you right click on
the first one and just say combine. All the rest is automatic. If any
are missing and you want to see at least part of it then check the box
that says save broken files. It works just fine. It looks as if it is
not but when it seems to balk just close the thing and you will see
the file where you wanted it.