joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default TUG BOAT 1 , SCHOONER 0

On Tue, 15 May 2007 12:32:32 GMT, joevan
wrote:

Voigt said divers would be brought in this morning to assist with
removal of the wreckage. He said the Corps hopes to have the Canal
reopened by Tuesday afternoon.
Contact Terri Sanginiti at 324-2771 or

LINK TO SCHOONER -
http://www.amschooner.org/node/83

Wow, I wondered what happened to my Heron. That is the ship I learned
to sail. She is a wonder and I sure hope she can be rescued again.
Many times I sailed on that beauty. Will never forget the good times.
Thanks for the links.
This is sort of a letdown in a way. I had heard nothing of her until
this post by you. I had no idea what if anything had happened to her.
She must have been completely rebuilt below the water line as she was
not in good shape last I was aware.
Nice to know she has been revived and now I hope she can be again.
Sad to find her and loose her at the same time.

Thank you for that link.
My friend seems to have come back from the dead. His writings about
Heron are there too as well as all information about restoration.