Gould 0738

Default Through-hull and main water pickup line.

We recently had an interesting time at the marina when a fellow dropped
a group 24 battery on a plastic through hull fitting. A quick SNAP and
it made a beautiful fountain.You would be suprised how FAST the engine
compartment filled. We were bailing fast as politicians from a sinking
plaform, but got it under control. My gas powered portable AG pump is
what saved the day. ($279.00 at harbor freight tools see at link below
you need a $50 hose too.)

I recommend the little pump to anyone that has a boat worth pumping out.

Capt. Frank

Everybody should carry a few tapered wooden plugs. I know hwere there are a few
stowed in my engine room, even with bronze through hulls. I'm just positive
that if I ever have the bad luck to snap a hose, the luck will just as likely
be bad enough to have the sea cock frozen.