posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default Help for Martin

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Now you are asking
us to believe that you caught "a heavy line" a couple of feet below
the
surface, that the tow boat bumped into when rescuing you! Keep
digging
Bob, soon you'll have a well.

I'm not asking you to believe anything. You SAID that the drivesaver
ONLY protects the tranny and engine and I said WRONG. I've provided
scenerio where the drivesaver can save a shaft. Worse for you it makes
perfect sense as I described it.

No, you provided a load of malarkey; please try to explain how you can
produce shear forces on one or two, or three bolts in a coupler but not
on the remainder. It can't be done

If you want to claim that Drivesaver and the mechanic are lying go
right ahead.

I don't claim that either are lying, I claim that you are.

Heart of Gold fouled a submerged object, probably a log. Shaft is bent
and the engine and tranny appear to be fine. Thanks, Drivesaver!

Hey, that's exactly what Drivesaver claims to do, "save the engine and
the transmission while sacrificing the propellor and shaft."

I knew you'd come around!

Cheers
Marty