Joe

Default How do I get a hose on a fitting?

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm just back from my boat, exhausted from trying to get the Fancy
$13/ft sewage hose onto a fitting. I just can't get it on: I've tried
spit, bacon grease, twisted and pushed until my hands are red and swollen,
and I can't get it on.

Any hints?

Also, there's an old hose that's been on for at least 15 years that
needs to come off the head thru-hull. It's actually diesel intake hose, 1
1/2". I can barely get at it. Again, any hints on how to get it off?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Have you tried a hair dryer to heat the hoses?
Also, setting the hose end into boiling water for 1 min can help.