posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] eoubonney@gmail.com is offline

Default Fax over Cellular, Voice over IP (aka Vonage?) on boats and yachts

On Jul 9, 11:03 am, "Alan Spicer" wrote:
* Anyone have experience with doing

I use Skype at times for voice and "intertainment." Skype to Skype
calls are free and Skype to phone varies: about $0.03 in USA more
outside. Ive talk to about a dozen people using Skype who talk to
relitives round the world and all say Skype has best voice quality.

I use Verizon wireless (cell phone) for internet connection and txt
msg to cell phones. Connection in most places for download at 400-600
kbs, other places 50-70 kbs. Upload at 60 kbs. With cellphone and
"wireless card" service for internet connection runs about $100/month.
Bob