posted to rec.boats.electronics
Alan Spicer Alan Spicer is offline

Default Fax over Cellular, Voice over IP (aka Vonage?) on boats and yachts

* Anyone have experience with doing fax over cellular on boats and yachts?
The last experiences I had is that most of the GSM (e.g. Cingular/AT&T now)
stopped providing WFAX - Wireless Fax over their network. Verizon was still
providing it just recently. I haven't had an opportunity to re-verify that
lately. But I've got several boats using Verizon for Fax as well as for
voice. Typically you use a Fixed Cellular Terminal, connected to phone jacks
or to a PBX system. Examples are Sony Ericsson, and Telular products.

* Is anyone using Vonage or similar Internet Voice services over Internet to
save money on voice onboard?
--
---
Alan Spicer

DBA Alan Spicer Telcom / Alan Spicer Marine Telecom
Computer Services, Wired/Wireless Networking,
Cell/Sat/Landline Communications, General Consulting...
Marine, Business, Small Office and Home Office (SOHO)
* http://telecom.dyndns.biz/ (Main Site)
* http://www.marinetelecom.net/ (.net mirror site)
* http://alanspicermarinetelecom.com/ (.com mirror site)
* http://www.wifiyacht.net/ (Yacht WiFi Main Site)