Don White

Default St. Johns River Becoming 1 Large Manatee Zone

We spent a very enjoyable day motoring at 5.5 knots moving the Mirage 33
from a friends floating dock in Chester to our summer club in St. Margaret's
Bay.
There wasn't enough wind to sail until the last half hour. (the trip took
six hours )

Capt. Frank Hopkins wrote in message
nk.net...
Well, the St. Johns at rip tide has a current of 9 knots. (not mph). If
you are fighting the current you CAN'T maintain headway.

C.F.

Don White wrote:
What's wrong with 6 knots?
When we're out sailing, we're thrilled to move at that speed or

slightly
better.

-snip... .

Manatee Zones require that you slow to 6mph+/-.

Are manatees more important than kids?