posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Anybody Sail on the 4th?

On Jul 7, 5:37 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Capt. Lewry" wrote in message

. net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
I know Scout splashed his boat, Joe had a nice party, and Ed is making
progress on his Mac 26X. Bobsprit is sick, and hope he gets better
quick, because he's a pretty dependable sailing poster. Not to say
I don't wish him well anyway.
I was in the basement reading about boats, except for some time back
yard grilling with some of the kids and their friends.
Didn't see any sailing stories mentioned here, so I was disappointed a
bit.
Then I quickly realized most people here don't post from their boat
when sailing, so that made me feel a bit more optimistic about things
picking up when everybody gets back ashore.
So if you've got any tales of reaching, reefing, tacking, etc, it
would be nice to post them. Encourages us lubbers to get sailing.
I sometimes look up those nautical terms and nomenclature as you
post so to clean the salt off and understand what I'm looking at.
Then I'll be better-prepared to become a real sailor.
Can anybody recommend good basic reading material for the new sailor
who wants to start learning the ropes?

--Vic

We were on Lake Mead for the week... really, really not.. 120 or so for a
couple of days. No sailing, just houseboating, wake-boarding, and sittin
in the water.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Great scenery.

Yes, not as dramtic as other places we could have been, but the beaches were
nice. Saw long-horn sheep up close. They came down to get a drink from the
lake. Nasty wake-board injury for me, so no sailing for a couple of weeks,
but the doc said all is intact.

--
"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

Deck Division use to have massive Keg parties on lake Mead.
Sounds like nothing has changed. Sit in the wtaer and drink beer all
day long and never get a buzz because you sweat it out.

So what happened with the wake board?

Joe