posted to rec.boats.building
Lodewijk Stegman Lodewijk Stegman is offline

Default ready to put some boat on my boat

schreef in
oups.com

Why would it not absorb water? Epoxy is not water proof, water
resistant yes, proof, no.

You make it sound as if epoxy is some sort of grease.

I don't now how you arrive at the conclusion that epoxy is not waterproof,
but I have always lived under the impression that it is not only waterproof
but even fairly vapour-proof. Solvent-free epoxy, that is.

This quality is one of the reasons epoxy is used as an osmosis-barrier on
new polyester boats, for instance. It is also the justification of the
techniques the Gougeon brothers have been promoting for ages.

--
Lodewijk