posted to rec.boats.building
cavelamb himself cavelamb himself is offline

Default ready to put some boat on my boat

Bruce wrote:
More about Bamboo. Some years back there were a number of commercial
buildings, mainly in the countryside, that used bamboo in place of
re-bar. My brother in law build a small warehouse using it. The
warehouse is still standing and in use today but whether that is
because bamboo makes good re-bar or blind luck I cannot say.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)

More FWIW stuff?

Thomas A Edison's swimming pool was made the same way - using
bamboo for re-bar.

Still water tight.

Whether that is because bamboo makes good re-bar or blind luck
I cannot say.

Richard