posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default ready to put some boat on my boat

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:30:00 -0700, Bill
wrote:

Why would it not absorb water? Epoxy is not water proof, water
resistant yes, proof, no.

I'm not leaving it in the water. It is going to be stored on land.
Both ends swill be plugged. You can argue the ideal possibilities all
day but its basically doing a wood/fiberglass composite structure
using bamboo. Bamboo is a very strong natural structure and I am
using a pole much wider than recommended to increase strength even
more. You and Bruce don't have to sail on it. I need it light weight
to go faster and get better handling characterisitcs. Why do you care
so much? Have you ever tried it? Are you invested in my project in
some way? Why not just say 'good luck and let me know if it works
out'?

As for me, I believe I specifically stated that it was your boat, with
the implication that you should do as you want.

Have I ever tried it - yes I have attempted to use bamboo for a number
of purposes on a boat and it was never as effective as either wood or
other materials, to the extent that I always had to replace the bamboo
with another material thus causing myself twice the work.

As far as saying "good luck and let me know how it works", I always
thought it polite when you saw someone peeing to windward to advise
them that if they peed downwind they wouldn't get their pant legs wet.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)