posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default ready to put some boat on my boat

On Jul 5, 1:30 pm, Bill wrote:
Why would it not absorb water? Epoxy is not water proof, water
resistant yes, proof, no.

I'm not leaving it in the water. It is going to be stored on land.
Both ends swill be plugged. You can argue the ideal possibilities all
day but its basically doing a wood/fiberglass composite structure
using bamboo. Bamboo is a very strong natural structure and I am
using a pole much wider than recommended to increase strength even
more. You and Bruce don't have to sail on it. I need it light weight
to go faster and get better handling characterisitcs. Why do you care
so much? Have you ever tried it? Are you invested in my project in
some way? Why not just say 'good luck and let me know if it works
out'?

Well, sorry you are so defensive. The reason I care is this is a
builders group, and I am a builder. You came here for help (unless you
are just dreaming and bragging) and I thought I was helping. Screw you
though, I won't make that mistake again. I can't imagine coming to
someone for help, then turning into an ahole when you hear something
you don't want to hear or address, but that's just me.