posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Dan Best Dan Best is offline

Default Pround Mac26X owner again

Ed Gordon wrote:
People who give a boat a joke
name end up being a joke themselves.

Ed,
Don't be too quick to condemn such names. Our two previous boats were
named "Clueless" (MacGregor 25) and "Still Clueless" (Catalina 30) and
they worked very well for us. The names not only kept us from taking
ourselves too seriously, but it seemed as though other boats gave us a
little slack when we did something stupid.

We had always envisioned naming the big boat when we finally got her
"Tre Clueless", but when push came to shove, it was just too classy a
boat to hang such a moniker on.

Dan Best
"Tricia Jean", Tayana 37 #192