Harry Krause

Default (OT) Is this NG about boats or politics?

W.T. Hatch wrote:
On 21 Jun 2004 05:38:59 -0700, (Cap) wrote:

"IBNFSHN" wrote in message news:Eg7Bc.10372$cj3.956@lakeread01...
Its just a bunch of idiots trying to impress people. It doesn't work. And
then you have a few that change their address once in a while. I suspect
complaints caught up with them. Just keep updating your kill file.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"John Smith" wrote in message
What's with all the non-boat material?

JS

Forget the killfile. IP search 'em then send a complaint to their ISP
for off-topic postings.

What a wonderful idea!

ISPs are always _delighted_ to step in and police the behaviour of participants
in unmoderated Usenet groups! It's what they live for.

And please trust me: in the event you receive an answer to your complaint(s),
they most certainly will give it the attention it deserves.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

If you really are interested in controlling the excesses of usenet, then
support measurements that require all posts to contain within the
headers the actual name and actual ISP of the poster, except for those
newsgroups that deal strictly with the reporting of child abuse.

That will cut way down on all sorts of posts from posters who don't have
the cojones to use their real names and IP addresses, like "John Smith"
here.