posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Ed Gordon Ed Gordon is offline

Default Pround Mac26X owner again

"Dan Best" wrote in message
Horvath wrote:
The Dumpster. The ****can. The Toilet.

Ed,

Ignore the negative hyperbole some will attack you with. The Mac
serves it's niche well but some can't understand that just because a
boat isn't a good fit for them, it can be a great boat for someone
else.

That being said, if you'll permit, I'll offer a bit of advice.

Take baby steps.

Extend your range and the conditions you expose yourself too just a
little bit at a time. Before long, you'll be amazed at what you are
doing.

I've owned a variety of boats over the years, including a Mac (though
not the 26X). The Mac really isn't all boats to all people. There
are things it is just not designed or constructed to do. For
instance, just because it may be possible to cross an ocean with the
Mac, doesn't mean that it's a good idea. You can, however have a heck
of a lot of fun with it.

Dan Best
S/V Tricia Jean, Tayana 37 #192

Thanks for the sensible advice, sir. It's not easy to find around here
with all the jackasses running their mouths. Anyway, I'm an experienced
Mac26X sailor. Used to own and sail one about ten years ago. They have
their good points and a few minor bad points that can be fixed up. You
could cross an ocean in a pinch if you had to but they ain't made for
that. They're made for shorter trips and week-ending. They're them most
versatile boat made. Mass production boat at any rate.

Cheers,
Ed Gordon