posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Happy 4th!

On Jul 4, 10:36 am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 4, 8:08 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Happy 4th of July!

My cold escalated into a full blown summer cold, so I'm staying home
for today.

Hope you all have a great day!

RB
35s5
NY

It's pouring down rain here...has been for the last 3 days.

They say it's going to stop before the fireworks show here.
My new house on stiltz provides one of the best views on the lake,
planning on grilling steaks, cast netting for shrimp, and enjoying one
of the largest firework barges putting on an hour long July 4th super
duper explosive extravaganza.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Bobsprit bites the dust and becomes a full-time land lubber and
now you too! It's a crying shame. When's the young one due? Let me
guess. About the middle of November? Are there no real men left in the
world besides Capt. Neal, Gilligan and Bart Sr. with cojones enough to
remain free and productive sailormen?

Wilbur Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

I begg to differ Wilbur. My House is a base for maritime operations.
It will become a part of sailing history soon, as will RedCloud.
RedCloud will be docked next to the base when not underway, and I plan
on keeping my office aboard.. I doubt I can sleep soundly ashore.

We just got a new young one, someone dumped 2 kittens here and I
rescued one from the water.. It's solid black like Skipper, Terry has
named it Sailor. Was in pretty bad shape, but it's getting it's
strength back. Had a small sore on it's back covered with maggots, I
had to do some doctoring and it's scabbing over nicely now. Still one
running around but he's in good shape and impossiable to catch.

Joe