posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default ready to put some boat on my boat

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:00:07 -0000, Two meter troll
wrote:

[bamboo]
actually it is used in boat building just not by rich folks; my time
in SE aisa was spent looking at boats made of bamboo either bundeled
or single lashed boats. these are all small water craft that see use
and repair often. the stuff is just not used long term. OTH treated
bamboo seems like a really good idea since the thing makeing it
unsuitable for boat building is it's splitting. IMO glassed and
internaly coated would work well. sorry folks i have built several
commercial fishing boats and have almost always tried to figure a way
to use bamboo.

Which reminds me: a century ago, one of the earliest flying machines
was made of bamboo.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK