posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Dan Best Dan Best is offline

Default Pround Mac26X owner again

Horvath wrote:
The Dumpster. The ****can. The Toilet.

Ed,

Ignore the negative hyperbole some will attack you with. The Mac serves
it's niche well but some can't understand that just because a boat isn't
a good fit for them, it can be a great boat for someone else.

That being said, if you'll permit, I'll offer a bit of advice.

Take baby steps.

Extend your range and the conditions you expose yourself too just a
little bit at a time. Before long, you'll be amazed at what you are doing.

I've owned a variety of boats over the years, including a Mac (though
not the 26X). The Mac really isn't all boats to all people. There are
things it is just not designed or constructed to do. For instance, just
because it may be possible to cross an ocean with the Mac, doesn't mean
that it's a good idea. You can, however have a heck of a lot of fun
with it.

Dan Best
S/V Tricia Jean, Tayana 37 #192