posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default back on the water

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 2, 3:56 am, "Scout" wrote:

Her she is in the slip, I'll post pics and vids as I get more time
with her.http://downloads.c-2.com/photos/1183302037.jpg

Cheers,
Scout

That's a good looking boat Scout. Looks stout and seaworthy.

Joe

Looks are deceiving. That's not a very seaworthy boat. And what's with
the lazy jacks on a 25-foot boat. Pretty useless having extra lines to
foul the sail and chafe when the sail is small enough to handle easily.

1) seaworthy would be a turtle on the sliding companionway hatch.
2) seaworthy would be hanked-on headsails, lose the roll up system.
3) seaworthy would be real running lights on the bow. You know,
something that could be seen...
4) seaworthy would be double lowers on the mainmast.
5) seaworthy would be double lifelines.
6) seaworthy would be at least two different anchors and rodes at the
ready on the sprit.
7) an open transom is not seaworthy.
8) seaworthy would be a real keel. That thing looks like it has one of
those retractable keels. Good for trailering but definitely NOT
seaworthy.
9) Those Hunter-copy stern rail seats are an unseaworthy gimmick.
10) Only one cleat on the bow. What a joke. There should be at least
four or a bollard of some sort for affixing lines.

You're welcome!

Wilbur Hubbard