posted to rec.boats.electronics
GeoffSchultz GeoffSchultz is offline

Default NMEA GPS Antenna Suggestion

On Jul 1, 11:09 pm, Larry wrote:
GeoffSchultz wrote roups.com:

I have a RayMarine SeaTalk based RayStar 120 GPS antenna which is a
piece of crap.

Shhh....take the 4 screws out of the Raymarine 2KW radome, pull off the top
and let me know how corroded all those pot metal parts look....another PoS.

Larry

I pulled the cover off of my radome earlier this year and there wasn't
a spec of rust and it's spent years down in the very humid western
Caribbean. So I have no idea why you keep harping on this.

Now, instead of taking this down a rat hole, does anyone have
suggestions for a marine grade NMEA GPS antenna?

-- Geoff