posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes Jack Erbes is offline

Default NMEA GPS Antenna Suggestion

Larry wrote:
GeoffSchultz wrote in
ups.com:

I have a RayMarine SeaTalk based RayStar 120 GPS antenna which is a
piece of crap.

Shhh....take the 4 screws out of the Raymarine 2KW radome, pull off the top
and let me know how corroded all those pot metal parts look....another PoS.

Larry

That is a damn lie! And one that I am tired of hearing.

Link to this group some photographs of properly installed Raymarine
scanners found in the condition you describe and I'll kiss your ass
publicly in the venue of your choice. And pay my own way there.

I reserve the right to verify the details of the installation and length
of service. That is because you have not established any credentials
for accuracy or truthfulness on this topic.

The ones that you cleverly "improved" by plugging vents and drains and
otherwise deviating from the mounting instructions do not qualify for
this offer.

It is possible to get a radar into the condition you describe. It is
not a matter of routine on properly installed Raymarine radars. There
are better radars on the market but the Raymarine is not a bad radar.

Think it over Larry, you are tarnishing yourself in the eyes of any
knowledgeable persons.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)