posted to rec.boats.electronics
Midlant Midlant is offline

Default VHF radio mic

I've got the antenna hooked up. While outside today polishing the hull,
I kept an eye out for anyone towing a boat in passing. Every now and
then one goes by, but not today.
If the mic is bad, the radio is old enough to warrant buying a new one.
Seems to be quite a selection for around a $100, some cheaper on ebay.

"Larry" wrote in message
"Midlant" wrote in news:UAZgi.85$IK1.53
@newsfe23.lga:

What I need is someone with a radio on my street so I can test it
before
taking it back out. To transition the harbor, I have to request
clearance. Yes, it's that kind of harbor. One where the boats are
grey.

Don't key the transmitter without an antenna connected. That may
destroy
the output power amp. It's not supposed to, but it can.

Larry W4CSC and other fine old calls since 1957.