posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics
CalifBill CalifBill is offline

Default 30 footer: which radar/GPS plotter/sonar?

"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
. ..
Marc Heusser wrote:
In article ,
Paul Cassel wrote:

Bad news. Switzerland is landlocked.

Yes - but not that badly, we have rivers flowing eastwards to the Black
Sea, northwards to the North Sea as well as southwards to the
Mediterranian Sea plus assorted channels :-)
Anyway our lakes tend to be rather crowded at times and heavy
thunderstorms are quite common.

There are lakes in Switzerland so large that you can't see shore? I stand
corrected.

Lake Geneva is at least 30 miles long and maybe 15-20 wide. A fog and you
could get very lost. But the lakes are in beautiful settings.