[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Neat trick for coolers...

On Jun 27, 7:19 am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
I watched a Mthbusters that I had missed yesterday which tested the
fastest way to cool beer.

So I tried the experiment myself yesterday with a couple of Playmate
coolers.

First cooler had a six pack of Diet Pepsi, ice and salt water. I used
about a 1/4 box of salt on the ice and in the second cooler a six pack
of Diet Pepsi with just ice. I put both coolers on the rear deck, in
the sun, of my Ranger at 6 PM.

As expected, the ice/salt combination cooled the soda to 36 degrees F
in roughly fifteen minutes which matches the Mythbusters experiment.
As of 10 PM last evening, the ice only soda only reached 45 degrees.

However, the interesting piece of this was this morning. The ice/salt
water combination over night kept the soda cooled and as of ten
minutes ago, the water was at 50 degrees F. The straight ice cooler
water \0as at 62 degrees.

Cool huh?

Get it - cool?